Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Access external MSSQL 2008 Server tables

Go to End

4 Posts   1353 Views

Community Member, 3 Posts

1 June 2010 at 9:24am

Hello, I want to use SilverStripe 2.4 for a new website project. Just a quick question: is it possible to access MSSQL on an external MS Windows 2008 Server from another LAMP-installation? Or do I have to install SilverStripe 2.4 on a Windows 2008 Server with PHP enabled?

Forum Moderator, 5521 Posts

1 June 2010 at 4:52pm

Edited: 01/06/2010 4:53pm

You can point to an external database server. In fact thats how I run all my mssql projects. When you define your database instead of using localhost simply use the IP or domain of the server you wish to connect to.

21 June 2010 at 7:08am

Thanks for responding, but I wasn't specific enough.

This is the case:

Silverstripe 2.4 installed on Linux-server with MySQL. My client has database tables in another external MS SQL Server 2008 which have to be read in in het LAMP-hosted SilverStripe site. What's the correct way to read in those external MS-databases in the SilverStripe website? Where do I have to configure this and how can this be done?

22 June 2010 at 2:54am

Please, is here anyone on this forum with some detailed info about:

- installing Silverstripe 2.4 on Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP5
- import data from external MS SQL databases on another server?