Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Editing a site on an ipad

3 Posts   1367 Views

Bruce B

Community Member, 147 Posts

6 June 2010 at 7:56pm

I just tried to edit a couple of sites using my new iPad. No luck, unfortunately. The main HTML editing window in the CMS is not recognized as a data entry field on the iPad. I'm sure I have edited pages on the iPhone in the past (in desperation, while on holidays).

Has anyone else tried using an iPad to update a SS site? I tested two sites, one on 2.3.x and one on 2.4.0

A major planned use for the iPad was as a laptop replacement while traveling so this could be a problem.

Bruce B

Community Member, 147 Posts

7 June 2010 at 6:57pm

Further updates on this. The problem is that the current version of mobile Safari does not support 'contentEditable' fields. There is a suggestion that the iphone (and ipad) os 4 to be announced any day now will support contentEditable so this may be a very temporary problem.

atticusservices

Community Member, 10 Posts

11 June 2010 at 9:44am

@Bruce B

I can't say for the iPad OS4 as it hasn't been released, but contentEditable does not work in the GM release of OS4 for the iPhone.