Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe 2.4.0 - Old URL redirection to hierarchical URLs not working properly

Go to End

5 Posts   1885 Views

HansR

Community Member, 141 Posts

10 June 2010 at 7:53pm

Edited: 10/06/2010 7:54pm

So, I upgraded to 2.4.0 and enabled hierarchical URLs because I prefer this to the old scheme. However, the redirection to the new URLs isn't working. It might be redirecting a handful of pages, in general the redirection is not working. What makes this a real pain is that I now have 54 "broken links." Actually, most of them say "has broken file" not "has broken link," despite the "file" actually being a link. These are all due to internal links pointing to the old URL, and not being redirected.

Is there anything that I need to do to get this working properly? Also, is there some kind of tool that I can use to automatically update the links to point to the new URLs?

Hans

jam13

121 Posts

10 June 2010 at 8:36pm

There's a fix for this in trunk, but I forget the exact revision numbers. Search the forums and you should find a post about it from the last few weeks.

HansR

11 June 2010 at 9:00am

I already searched the forums, but found nothing. The search functionality is something that could use a lot of improvement; I get a lot of irrelevant results whenever I use it.

I'd appreciate it if someone could link to the other threads that this problem is discussed in. Like I said, I haven't been able to find them

Hans

HansR

15 June 2010 at 1:31pm

Does anyone have more info on the fix for this? I don't like the idea of upgrading to the trunk version - which is potentially unstable - for a single issue.

Hans

HansR

15 June 2010 at 1:35pm

I just found the entry in Trac: http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/104463.

Hans