Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Silverstripe 2.4.0 - Old URL redirection to hierarchical URLs not working properly

5 Posts   1420 Views

HansR

Community Member, 140 Posts

10 June 2010 at 7:53pm

Edited: 10/06/2010 7:54pm

So, I upgraded to 2.4.0 and enabled hierarchical URLs because I prefer this to the old scheme. However, the redirection to the new URLs isn't working. It might be redirecting a handful of pages, in general the redirection is not working. What makes this a real pain is that I now have 54 "broken links." Actually, most of them say "has broken file" not "has broken link," despite the "file" actually being a link. These are all due to internal links pointing to the old URL, and not being redirected.

Is there anything that I need to do to get this working properly? Also, is there some kind of tool that I can use to automatically update the links to point to the new URLs?

Hans

jam13

121 Posts

10 June 2010 at 8:36pm

There's a fix for this in trunk, but I forget the exact revision numbers. Search the forums and you should find a post about it from the last few weeks.

HansR

11 June 2010 at 9:00am

I already searched the forums, but found nothing. The search functionality is something that could use a lot of improvement; I get a lot of irrelevant results whenever I use it.

I'd appreciate it if someone could link to the other threads that this problem is discussed in. Like I said, I haven't been able to find them

Hans

HansR

15 June 2010 at 1:31pm

Does anyone have more info on the fix for this? I don't like the idea of upgrading to the trunk version - which is potentially unstable - for a single issue.

Hans

HansR

15 June 2010 at 1:35pm

I just found the entry in Trac: [url]http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/104463[/url].

Hans