Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Duplicate Group 'Codes'

Go to End

3 Posts   919 Views

dizzystuff

Community Member, 94 Posts

13 June 2010 at 6:04pm

I have a handful of groups with a large number of subgroups. Many of the subgroups share a name/title with subgroups under other parents. Upon entry each group gets a 'Code' based on it's title so I now have multiple groups with the same 'Code' in my database.

Can anyone tell me if this will create a problem? I haven't come upon any issues yet but still need to give it a full testing.

Cheers
dizzy

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

14 June 2010 at 1:11pm

Hmm AFAIK code should be unique (kinda like URLs), I guess most modules should use IDs rather than the codes so you should be fine. The 1 place where you would have trouble is the functions addToGroupByCode which would of course cause issues.

dizzystuff

Community Member, 94 Posts

14 June 2010 at 9:44pm

Ok, great, that's exactly the info I was looking for. I'll jump into the db and make sure the groups all have unique codes (for this site once the groups are setup they'll be pretty static), as a 'just in case' kind of thing.

Is this a bug then? Should there be some sort of validation here?