Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Problems with 2.4

2 Posts   911 Views

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

15 June 2010 at 3:48am

I've recently tried out SS 2.4 and have some problems:

I don't understand why it always has index.php appended in the end, it looks worse compared to before. Whenever I flush or enter the admin panel, I need domain.name/index.php/admin and domain.name/index.php?flush=all. Even with subpages there is the pesky index.php

is there a way to remove this?

And the admin panel seems to be stricter now, way stricter, it reminds me of vista. Every time I try to edit a page, I leave it for a few seconds and edit it again, it asks me to try and log in again to the admin panel. And it is still a bit slow to load which costs loads of time.

And whenever I flush the template cache and db, it asks me to log-in for access which is no problem, but after I do successfully log-in and see the changes, it does not redirect me to the home page but to the same log-in form again. It's no biggie really, but it's just a bit annoying.

SSadmin

Community Member, 90 Posts

15 June 2010 at 12:26pm

think maybe u need the .htaccess file to rewrite the url somehow.
try edit the .htaccess file

### SILVERSTRIPE START ###
<Files *.ss>
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
   Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Files>

<Files web.config>
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
</Files>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>