Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Executing a class method from the URL (for logout method)

13 Posts   2314 Views

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

18 August 2010 at 9:12am

AFAIK custer, Decorators won't work in this sense for controllers. I don't believe it is setup to check whether functions exist on the extensions. I ran into trouble with this myself. Haven't dug much deeper into it.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

18 August 2010 at 9:12am

AFAIK custer, Decorators won't work in this sense for controllers. I don't believe it is setup to check whether functions exist on the extensions. I ran into trouble with this myself. Haven't dug much deeper into it.

cuSSter

Community Member, 56 Posts

18 August 2010 at 5:57pm

So for this issue, the only workaround is to hack the core and add the function that you post and add that function in the $allowed_actions? Thanks by the way for the quick response. :)

cuSSter

Community Member, 56 Posts

18 August 2010 at 5:57pm

By the way, I'm working on the 2.4.0 version of SilverStripe.

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

11 September 2010 at 1:02am

Edited: 11/09/2010 1:03am

I'd like to add to this thread, because I was looking for a similar logout solution, since the ?BackURL doesn't work on Security/logout.

My problem was that I needed the logout action to work anywhere and I didn't want to hard-code it into the template because the base href will direct it to domain.com/logout instead of domain.com/page/logout. Ergo, my solution was:

in Page.php -> Page_Controller

public function LogoutLink() {
      return $this->Link('logout');
   }

function logout() {
      if($mem = Member::currentUser()) {
         $mem->logOut();
      }
      return Director::redirect("home/");
   }

Simply insert $LogoutLink anywhere you have a logout link on your site. It'll log the user out no matter what page they were on.