Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Multiple website multiple domain

Go to End

3 Posts   2634 Views

otiteca

Community Member, 5 Posts

22 June 2010 at 8:29pm

Hi All,
I'm new to Silverstripe. I tried it, looked into the code, i found it cool.
So i do have some more administrative question:

1) Is there any modules, or core code, to have one single install and manage multiple website on the same or on different domains ? Each one with his own admin interface and perhaps DB.

2) Is there any upgrade howto ?

3) Is there a tools to manage many remote websites ? By manage, i mainly mean INSTALL, UPGRADE, etc...

I wonder to know if these 3 questions have an answer or if i got to learn sapphire framework and contribute to the project.

thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 June 2010 at 9:28pm

Hi Otiteca, Welcome to SilverStripe

1) Multiple Sites

See the Subsites module (http://doc.silverstripe.org/modules:subsites). This runs all the sites on 1 db but can support different themes, cms sitetrees, members etc.

2) Upgrade Howto

A guide is available - http://doc.silverstripe.org/upgrading

3) Is there a tools to manage many remote websites?

No specific tools built into SilverStripe however. Its more in the domain of custom server scripts which you can write depending on your workflow. Some people like to run all their websites off 1 install via symlinks. I prefer using subversion and subversion externals to manage upgrading the core software.

otiteca

Community Member, 5 Posts

22 June 2010 at 10:02pm

Thanks for the welcome Willr,

I'll look into the subsites module and see if there's a way to patch it, i prefer that each sites have is own DB.
For the point 3, i'll look what i could do to enhance this part, it's a critical point for me to ease the websites management/deployment/upgrade