Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Detecting Default Admin

Go to End

6 Posts   1788 Views

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

20 September 2010 at 9:48pm

Hi,

I can detect the user with Member::currentUser(), I wonder is there a way of detecting if the user that is returned is actually logged in or if it is the default admin that has been set in the _config (Security::setDefaultAdmin('Admin', 'Admin')) instead?

Barry

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

22 September 2010 at 5:06pm

Admins are usualy in their own group. You can check that with inGroup() of the class Member.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 September 2010 at 6:32pm

Or use Permission::check('ADMIN'); to check for any admin rights on the current member.

swaiba

22 September 2010 at 8:18pm

Hi guys,

thanks for the answers although they have both slightly missed the mark... I'll explain a little more... if I have the following in _config.php...

Security::setDefaultAdmin('Admin', 'Admin');

and within "Security -> Security Groups -> Administrators" the user...

Swaiba - Swaiba - swaiba@swaiba.com - Swaiba

Either way if I login with Admin / Admin or Swaiba / Swaiba I will return true to being an administrator and the member DataObject returned will be the same.

What I am asking is can I tell that one user logged in the with the user/pass from the secrutiy system (Swaiba / Swaiba) or whether they have logged in using the default admin stuff (Admin / Admin)

Barry

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

22 September 2010 at 8:40pm

I´m not the most experienced SS developer, but afaik the default admin is a admin like any other admin. With a dev/build the default admin gets his entry in the databases member table. Like this you can´t tell the default admin directly from an admin registered via the backend. There is one little differnce: A default admin has no Surname/Name. Maybe you can validate if those attributes are set or not.
Cheers

swaiba

22 September 2010 at 10:28pm

No worries, I'd prefer not to rely on the name being 'Default Admin' and there being no surname as if this user is not there the defaultAdmin in _config will use an existing user.

Any other ideas? willr?