Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

4th level sibling menu

3 Posts   1061 Views

mewho

Community Member, 13 Posts

19 September 2010 at 11:31pm

Hi all. How can i add a 4th (5th etc.) level sibling menu to the sidebar. i have tried modifications to the sidebar.ss page, but nothing shows up (and i really don't know what i am doing) i have been searching and searching, but could not find a clear answer. it is REALLY important. thanks,
mewho

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

20 September 2010 at 7:47pm

Do you have the code you used so far.

What you will need to do is add an additional <% control Children %> block inside the last <% control %> to show another level.

iroy2000

Community Member, 15 Posts

24 November 2010 at 1:03pm

Edited: 24/11/2010 1:04pm

Hi Willr,

I have the same issues and need some help (it is for 5th level). I have added extra control children inside the last control, but I don't see the 5th level showing up. I wonder what should I do on that? I can see the 4th level (which is default), but I don't see the 5th level even I add an extra control.

<% if Children %>
<ul class="sub">
<li>
<ul class="roundWhite">
<% control Children %>
<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the $Title.XML page" class="$LinkingMode levelb"><span><em>$MenuTitle.XML</em></span></a></li>
<% end_control %>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
<% end_if %>