Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

iframe get's closing tag stripped?

4 Posts   2578 Views

prawnstar

Community Member, 127 Posts

17 September 2010 at 9:33am

- SS 2.4.0

Why does SS strip out closing iframe tags?

My page controller has a 'TextField' in the getCMSFields() function and the db array field is set as 'HTMLText.'

Note, it's not a TinyMCE issue as others have had, it's a straight text field not an HTMLEditorField.

When I paste iframe code into the field and hit "Save and Publish" the closing iframe tag is stripped out and a / is added to the opening iframe tag. This happens only if there is no space between the opening and closing tags. If I add a space, or presumably any character, the iframe tags are preserved as two separate tags.

Just wondering if this is a bug or there is some reason the system would to this by default. Is < iframe /> even a legal tag?

Chris.b

SSadmin

Community Member, 90 Posts

29 September 2010 at 4:41pm

had the same problem.
trying to <iframe></iframe> Google Map.
the closing the Tag</iframe> has been trimed and to be <iframe />.
Tried
ContentNegotiator::disable();

Still deosnt works..
Any suggestoin?!

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

29 September 2010 at 5:39pm

Ya I ran into this a while back. This post in my thread has more explanations.

http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/285052?start=0#post287467

neilcreagh

Community Member, 98 Posts

27 November 2010 at 8:28am

I'm having this same problem, SS is automatically stripping the closing </iframe> and changing it to a self closing tag - breaking all of my page content that appears after it. Putting a space in before the closing tag works - but I don't want to have to tell my client to do this every time!

Is there a better way or can anyone suggest a solution?

My client wants to be able to embed multiple Vimeo videos onto the pages at various sizes - so he wants to control all the settings through Vimeo (rather than me hard coding the embed code onto the page). I've supplied a HTMLText box in Silverstripe for each Vimeo embed code, which works great except for this issue breaking the codes if a space isn't manually entered.

I've just realised that I should maybe have put this comment on the other thread so I'll do that also.
Thanks