Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Help with Translatable ModelAdmin

dompie

Community Member, 88 Posts

16 September 2010 at 12:34am

Edited: 16/09/2010 12:39am

Hello,

I am trying implement TranslatableModelAdmin to work with SS 2.4.1 - anyone can help? I can't find the URL anymore, but here is a [url=http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/modules/translatablemodeladmin/trunk/]SVN Link[/url].

The extension somehow does not create new translations.

So far I have added the following code to fix occuring errors:
1) TranslatableModelAdmin.php init function replace

Requirements::javascript('translatablemodeladmin/javascript/TranslatableModelAdmin.js');

with

$vars = array('SECURITY_ID' => Session::get('SecurityID'));
Requirements::javascript('sapphire/thirdparty/jquery-livequery/jquery.livequery.js');
Requirements::javascriptTemplate('translatablemodeladmin/javascript/TranslatableModelAdmin.js', $vars);

2) TranslatableModelAdmin.js add to line 8

if($SECURITY_ID)
   url += '&SecurityID=' + $SECURITY_ID;

After this you should be able to load and submit the created "Translations" Tab in the ModelAdmin without errors. Unfortunately it still won't create a new translation. Somehow 'createtranslation' in the TranslatableModelAdmin_RecordController is not called. Fixing this by adding in TranslatableModelAdmin_RecordController EditForm (before first if statement)

$form->setFormAction('admin/Hotels/Hotel/'.$this->currentRecord->ID.'/createtranslation');

will not help.

Somehow the function createtranslation in the RecordController must be fixed, I have tried different things, but did not succeed.

Anyone can help me on this?

Would be awesome and I could finally commit my changes to SVN.