Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Flip an Image

Go to End

3 Posts   1550 Views

dompie

Community Member, 88 Posts

8 September 2010 at 2:47am

Hello,

I try to add a new function to the Image class which will flip an image horizontally, vertically or both. It should work exactly the same way like SetRatioSize only with an additional parameter.

I added the following Code to the Image class as a first tryout:

public function SetFlipImage($width, $height, $type) {
		return $this->getFormattedImage('SetFlipImage', $width, $height);
	}

public function generateSetFlipImage(GD $gd, $width, $height, $type){
		return $gd->resizeRatio($width, $height);
	}

But when calling from Template with $Image.SetFlipImage(248,123,hor) Silverstripe stops with:

[Warning] Missing argument 1 for Image::SetFlipImage(), called in /public_html/silverstripe_base/sapphire/core/ViewableData.php on line 369 and defined

That I do not understand, because removing the last argument leads to

[Warning] Missing argument 3 for Image::SetFlipImage()

which is absolutely correct. Why does Silverstripe not recoginize my third parameter?

3dgoo

Community Member, 135 Posts

8 September 2010 at 6:20pm

public function SetFlipImage($width, $height, $type) {
      return $this->getFormattedImage('SetFlipImage', $width, $height);
}

public function generateSetFlipImage(GD $gd, $width, $height, $type){
      return $gd->resizeRatio($width, $height);
}

Change the name of one of your functions. SetFlipImage and generateSetFlipImage are essentially the same function name, because the word generate gets dropped off.
That is, calling $Image.SetFlipImage() will call either of these functions, and it looks like it's calling the second function.

The warning you are getting from Silverstripe is you are Missing 1 argument. It expects 4 arguments, because it is trying to call the generateSetFlipImage function.

dompie

Community Member, 88 Posts

8 September 2010 at 8:39pm

Well, I figured out how to use the functions...however, I stumbled upon the following lines in several function of the GD class.

$output = clone $this;
		$output->setGD($newGD);
		return $output;

Is there a special reason for that? I'd like to return right away just $this with $this->gd holding my flipped image.