Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Link problems

Go to End

3 Posts   903 Views

Arborlow

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 September 2010 at 1:40am

Edited: 07/09/2010 1:53am

A questiion from a newbie, its been a steep learning curve but I'm begining to understand and am liking how SS works. Ive done basic html sites before but nothing like SS.

I've got some html pages from an old site that I want to link from a page in SS for the time being. The pic files and html file are in a directory on the same root as SS. I have used the create link button and written the html myself but am unable to get a link. Surely it is possible to do such a simple link to other pages. I'm confused.

Cheers

mattclegg

Community Member, 56 Posts

7 September 2010 at 1:55am

Edited: 07/09/2010 1:56am

You might be getting the problem because Silverstripe manages its internal links in quite an integeral way (which is good for site reporting and backlinking etc)

Try using "Link -> Another website" and use the full 'external link' URL. ie http:://mydomain.com/oldpages/oldpage1.htm as the files are external to the PHP Framework.

Arborlow

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 September 2010 at 2:15am

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't need to use the whole http address but your prompting made me look at the bottom left hand corner of the browser and I removed the .. from my ../mydir/ and everthing is good. It just needed another perspective to work it out

Cheers