Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Member Profile?

Go to End

5 Posts   1542 Views

Denny

Community Member, 55 Posts

5 September 2010 at 9:56am

Edited: 05/09/2010 10:24am

I am creating a website where a person uses their email and a password to log in. I am wondering how to create a page or some type of method where a person can cancel them self out?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 September 2010 at 10:24am

Edited: 05/09/2010 10:24am

Moving post to general questions. Please put your question in the correct forum. As for how to do that are you using any existing profile module? a function to delete a member is pretty easy (you would want to add additional 'Do you want to do this' checks)

// Page_Controller

function deleteself() {

$member = Member::currentUser();

if($member) {
$member->delete();
$member->logOut();
}
}
return false;
}

Then you just need a link to home/deleteself to allow the user to delete themselves.

Denny

6 September 2010 at 12:11am

I accidently clicked on the wrong selection in the forum area. My mouse is kind of sensitive. As far as a profile module. Yes I am using one. The information you have provided, I was wondering where to place the code to allow a user to delete themself from the site? I am sorry if I'm being specific. I am not really good with understanding website creation, but being here and learning about Silver Stripe helps, especially the forums section.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 September 2010 at 11:33am

As far as a profile module. Yes I am using one...

Which one are you using?

I was wondering where to place the code to allow a user to delete themself from the site? I am sorry if I'm being specific. I am not really good with understanding website creation, but being here and learning about Silver Stripe helps, especially the forums section.

As I said you would put that specific code from my previous post in a controller, eg your Page controller. Then to make a link to that functionality put this in any of the template (.ss) files in your theme (eg themes/yourthemename/templates/Page.ss)

<a href="home/deleteself">Delete your Account</a>

Denny

8 September 2010 at 2:04pm

I will try it, because like I said, I'm sort of new to the placement of code to make things work. So far I been doing fine.