Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.4 Upgrade problem [Solved]

Go to End

3 Posts   947 Views

Harley

Community Member, 165 Posts

5 September 2010 at 8:37pm

Edited: 06/09/2010 5:25am

Good morning!

I have a strange problem here. Last night I was upgrading a site to 2.4. I removed the cms and saphire folders and then uploaded the 2.4 'cms' and 'saphire'.

Everything seemed ok but then all of a sudden I hit this message on the screen:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/tmp/silverstripe-cache-nfs-c06-h05-mnt-92173-domains-xxxxx.co.uk-html/.cache.nfs.c06.h05.mnt.92173.domains.xxxxx.co.uk.html.themes.hub.templates.Page.ss on line 56

I checked my template and nothing was wrong there, in fact I had not even edited or uploaded this anyway. I deleted the silverstripe-cache and still no joy.

Then this morning I thought that if I uploaded the blackcandy theme, edited the config file on the server to use this theme and reloaded the page that I would then atleast be able to see something...

The pain in the ass is, I can't log in either to do dev/build/?flush=1 because I'm being redirected to the security login page which uses Page.ss where I'm having a problem.

I'm running out of ideas about why this is happening and what to do.

Anyone got any ideas or ever experienced anything like this?

Thanks

Harley

Martijn

Community Member, 271 Posts

5 September 2010 at 8:58pm

Because of the redirection to the login page, I think you have set your site in live mode?

Maybe unnecessary to mention, but make sure you are working in dev mode so you can run dev/build?flush=all, without being loggedin:

_config.php:

Director::set_environment_type("dev");

Also try to recreate the silverstripe-cache folder, so SS is not using the webservers tmp folder..

Hope this helps.

Harley

Community Member, 165 Posts

6 September 2010 at 5:25am

Thank you so much,

I got it all straightened out. I think it did require some poking around the .ss templates and the corresponding php files to get it completely working.

Cheers

Harley