Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Random occuring Website Error Not Found?

Go to End

5 Posts   1633 Views

jaybee

Community Member, 49 Posts

21 August 2010 at 6:31am

Hey all,

We're having a strange problem occuring on one of our SilverStripe websites. Only every now and then, on random pages you get the standard GET /whatever-page, Website Error, Not Found error page. Refresh and it's fine. Has anyone had this happen? Is it a common bug? Something wrong with the server setup? Any help would be great! Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

21 August 2010 at 2:19pm

It could be a memory limit issue or some pages taking a bit longer (eg when the cache is cold) which is causing an error. Best way to debug would be to investigate your PHP / apache error log on your server.

jaybee

23 August 2010 at 5:11am

Edited: 23/08/2010 8:58am

Well I found it's giving me this: "Premature end of script headers: main.php" and setting the system to DEV mode changed the error to a page cannot be found error. I've increased the memory limit and that did nothing. The fact that it happens randomly and not every time is confusing. Any ideas?

Edit: Further inspection shows that the Website Error, Not found error isn't generating any errors in the log files...

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 August 2010 at 9:06am

The premature end of script headers error sounds like its a common issue (do a google search) and it seems like the issue is normally related to the configuration of being installed as a CGI API. If you do a quick google search you can uncover much more information but you will probably need to get in contact with your host.

jaybee

23 August 2010 at 10:37pm

Well further inspection shows that the Website Error, Not found error isn't generating any errors in the log files. The errors are coming from SilverStripe when there are no errors. Sounds like a problem with the "software" rather than the host considering there are many other SilverStripe websites on the server. Could it be a version thing? some dodgy or nasty code in one version causing the issue?

Thanks for the google pointer, I searched these forums also to no help :(