Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Can't seem to get Member LockedOutUntil to work?

2 Posts   765 Views

dizzystuff

Community Member, 93 Posts

14 August 2010 at 5:37pm

So I set a Member's "LockedOutUntil" field in the db well into the future and then attempt to login -> which then happens, that is, althought the LockedOutUntil date is in the future it allows me to Login.

Am I missing something simple here? Does this func work? Is there a switch or something? I've had a look thru core/api/docs/forums but can't find much in the way of help at all.

If it makes a difference, I'm working with a subclass of Member. ... just tried it on a Member (rather than the subclassed user) and setting a 'LockedOutUntil' date doesn't make a difference for me there either.

A heads up on how I can get this working would be oustanding :D

Cheers
dizzy

dizzystuff

Community Member, 93 Posts

14 August 2010 at 6:40pm

hmmm.. when I do a vardump of the $this inside function isLockedOut() on Line 220 of Member.php, I don't see the LockedOutUntil field in the dump at all? But it's clearly there in the $db array for Member.php. If I vardump $this->LockedOutUntil I'm getting null (but in the db there's clearly a date, in correct format).

(I'm attempting a login for the particular Member which is how I'm kicking off the vardump.)

PasswordExpiry, AutoLoginHash, AutoLoginExpired & RememberLoginToken are all missing in the vardump of the Member too. All seem to be related to authentication.