Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

loading SS page and userforms

4 Posts   709 Views

dips_045

Community Member, 20 Posts

13 August 2010 at 10:54pm

Hi,

After I installed userforms I started having problems. Firstly when I clicked 'add' to add a new text field it went to a black page. After searching the forums for an answer I read somewhere to add the following url 'admin?flush=1' ...After that silverstripe wouldn't load up. It is stuck on the silverstripe loadig page.

I then deleted userforms thinking that was the problem but still no luck. I been using /dev/build url to make sure everything is up to date.

Can anyone help please?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

14 August 2010 at 12:03pm

Sounds like a javascript error. Check your browsers console window for any errors before doing any of the following

Other things to check / try:
* Make sure you have the correct UDF -> SS version. For SS2.3 Use UDF 0.2, For SS2.4 use 0.3.
* Turn off Requirements combining by adding this to your _config file - Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled("false"); in your _config.php file.
* Flush the CMS by visiting admin?flush=1

dips_045

16 August 2010 at 2:22am

Edited: 16/08/2010 4:54am

Hi Willr,

Thanks for replying

Silverstripe admin is now working thanks - I pretty much started again, but useforms is not. I downloaded userforms-v0.3.0.

I renamed it to 'userforms' and put in the sapphire folder on the server. I see the form tab but when I try to add a textfield this url is a blank page admin/EditForm

any ideas?

dips_045

16 August 2010 at 7:39pm

All good now. I didn't put it in the root directory.

Thanks for your help