Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

loading SS page and userforms

Go to End

4 Posts   927 Views

dips_045

Community Member, 20 Posts

13 August 2010 at 10:54pm

Hi,

After I installed userforms I started having problems. Firstly when I clicked 'add' to add a new text field it went to a black page. After searching the forums for an answer I read somewhere to add the following url 'admin?flush=1' ...After that silverstripe wouldn't load up. It is stuck on the silverstripe loadig page.

I then deleted userforms thinking that was the problem but still no luck. I been using /dev/build url to make sure everything is up to date.

Can anyone help please?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

14 August 2010 at 12:03pm

Sounds like a javascript error. Check your browsers console window for any errors before doing any of the following

Other things to check / try:
* Make sure you have the correct UDF -> SS version. For SS2.3 Use UDF 0.2, For SS2.4 use 0.3.
* Turn off Requirements combining by adding this to your _config file - Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled("false"); in your _config.php file.
* Flush the CMS by visiting admin?flush=1

dips_045

16 August 2010 at 2:22am

Edited: 16/08/2010 4:54am

Hi Willr,

Thanks for replying

Silverstripe admin is now working thanks - I pretty much started again, but useforms is not. I downloaded userforms-v0.3.0.

I renamed it to 'userforms' and put in the sapphire folder on the server. I see the form tab but when I try to add a textfield this url is a blank page admin/EditForm

any ideas?

dips_045

16 August 2010 at 7:39pm

All good now. I didn't put it in the root directory.

Thanks for your help