Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Too many MySQL connections in ImageField iframes

Go to End

2 Posts   1885 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

21 September 2010 at 2:54pm

This site has been running fine for over a year. Upgraded to 2.4.0 the day it was released and no problems reported at the time, but this problem is in an area that wasn't used all that often.

This last few days, in the CMS, client has been noticing that the iFrame boxes that usually hold the images and files for thier pages have be sporadically displaying "too many connections" errors. Sometimes, and I have seen this myself, they simply dislplay a blank grey box. No image, no "Attach Files" dialog.

The custom page type is fairly complex i guess. 6 Additional tabs. One has 3 FileIFrameField's, another tab has 10 ImageField's. In addition, the site's traffic has doubled since launch, but still very low by most standards.

Has anyone every had a problem like this, or noticed areas where Silverstripe was not closing connections?

Cheers
Aaron

Gelert

Community Member, 14 Posts

4 July 2012 at 10:23pm

I'm suffering this right now. Did you get a resolution?

I can't find anywhere to make sure connections are getting closed. Admin has crawled to a snails pace. Hits are high but not huge and the server has plenty of spare resources.