Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Thumbnails not updating [solved]

Go to End

7 Posts   2607 Views

Sparrowhawk

Community Member, 33 Posts

21 September 2010 at 9:16pm

Edited: 27/09/2010 9:14pm

Hi,

Is there a way to force SS to regenerate the thumbnails that are displayed on the right hand side when a user selects to embed an image in the content?

A client is saying that he uploaded some new versions of images (some with the same name, some with new names) and that *some* of the thumbnails had not updated to the new versions of the image.

Any idea why this might be, along with how to regenerate them?

Many thanks!

x75

Community Member, 43 Posts

22 September 2010 at 4:26am

Hi,

try /dev/tasks/FlushGeneratedImagesTask

That will remove all generated images.

Johannes

Sparrowhawk

22 September 2010 at 10:30pm

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go and report back.

Jean-Yves

Sparrowhawk

22 September 2010 at 10:47pm

"Build task 'FlushGeneratedImagesTask' not found. "

Sorry, my fault as I forgot to mention that we are still on 2.3.4, and that class does not seem to exist in that version. It gave me an error and looking at the API docs, it does not seem to be present in the 2.3.x codebase. Unless I am missing it?

Is there a manual way that I can achieve the same effect? Do I just need to clear down all the files in the _resampled folder under the user's folder in /assets?

Do missing files in the _resampled folders get automatically regenerated as needed? ie is it always safe to delete them?

Thanks in advance.

x75

Community Member, 43 Posts

22 September 2010 at 10:55pm

Hi,

as far as I know you can just delete the _resampled Folders. I would move it, to try it out :)

According to the docs http://doc.silverstripe.org/image#clearing_thumbnail_cache you can also try calling: http://www.mysite.com/images/flush

But I don't know if that (still) works.

Johannes

Sparrowhawk

22 September 2010 at 11:37pm

The latter method gave me a permission denied error on my local dev copy. I think we'll try the fully manual way for now (ie copy folder and then delete contents to see if it auto-regenerates)

Many thanks for your time and assistance

Sparrowhawk

27 September 2010 at 9:14pm

OK, deleting the thumbnail images did the trick. Thanks again.