Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

BackURL login / registring

5 Posts   3382 Views

MarijnKampf

Community Member, 164 Posts

28 September 2010 at 4:12am

I've extended my SilverStripe installation with a user registration page. I've altered a BackURL variable to the links to the login and regsitry pages.

However, how can I include the BackURL in my altered login template to include a message that they can register for an account?

themes/mytheme/templates/Layout/Security_login.ss

$Content
Login below or <a href="{$BaseHref}register?BackURL={$BackURL}">register for an user account</a>.
$Form
<a href="{$BaseHref}register?BackURL={$BackURL}">Register for an user account</a>

The BackURL is added to the Form itself, but not to the 'register user account' links.

I've tried adding a CustomLoginForm, but the BackURL information isn't available in the Security_login.ss (as it will probably need to be added to the Controller but I can't find the Form Controller.

<?php
class CustomLoginForm extends MemberLoginForm {
   public function BackURL() {
      if(isset($_REQUEST['BackURL'])) {
         return $_REQUEST['BackURL'];
      } else {
         return Session::get('BackURL');
      }
   }
}

Any help would be appreciated.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1808 Posts

28 September 2010 at 4:22am

I've used...

Security::set_default_login_dest('urlsegment');

to set a site wide login destination, does this help?

MarijnKampf

28 September 2010 at 5:26am

No, that's not what I meant. There is a login link on each page. After a visitors successfully logs in (or chooses the register option on the login page) I want them redirected back to the page on which they clicked the login link.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1808 Posts

28 September 2010 at 5:32am

how about something like the following in Page::init()?

Session::set('BackURL',$this->Link());

MarijnKampf

28 September 2010 at 7:13am

Solution turned out to be quite simple, I've ended up putting the BackURL function in the Page_Controller so it can be included into the Security_login.ss template.

class Page_Controller extends ContentController {

public function BackURL() {
      if(isset($_REQUEST['BackURL'])) {
         return $_REQUEST['BackURL'];
      } else {
         return Session::get('BackURL');
      }
   }
}