Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted

5 Posts   4227 Views

clintonf

Community Member, 8 Posts

2 October 2010 at 7:07pm

Hi does anyone have a solution to the following: I have read through other archives however the fix suggested there does not work....

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 194174 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/puregaynz.com/httpdocs/sapphire/core/Requirements.php on line 630

Hope someone can assist.

Bruce B

Community Member, 147 Posts

6 October 2010 at 2:34pm

You need to increase the memory allocation for PHP. How you do that depends on your hosting arrangements. here is a page describing the process for my host, Jumba

cheers
bruce

cuSSter

Community Member, 56 Posts

7 October 2010 at 2:29am

Hi,

Hope this helps. In your php.ini file, find max_execution_time and set it to something bigger. :)

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1808 Posts

7 October 2010 at 2:44am

you could place...

ini_set('memory_limit','1000M');

...in your _config.php if safe mode allows you, then you don't need to change server settings

martinlebel

Community Member, 1 Post

9 May 2013 at 6:15am

I was getting this error because I un-commented the following values in php.ini. to trouble shoot another http500 error

Can someone can explain why uncommenting thoses value give me the
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/DEV/www-v4.1/ss/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 652"

and

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /var/DEV/www-v4.1/ss/sapphire/core/model/DataObject.php on line 350" ?

; display_errors
Default Value: On
Development Value: On
Production Value: Off

; display_startup_errors
Default Value: Off
Development Value: On
Production Value: Off

; error_reporting
Default Value: E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT
Production Value: E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED