Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

index.php added to base href

Go to End

12 Posts   22081 Views

GibMo

Community Member, 17 Posts

11 October 2010 at 9:21am

Ok txz Simon,

Is renaming the index.php a real solution or should I contact my host? In other words can it cause any problems using a different name for the index.php.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

11 October 2010 at 10:30am

Edited: 11/10/2010 10:30am

The index.php is only provided as a fallback for cases when mod_rewrite isn't enabled.

Deleting it is safe, along with install.php, once you've successfully installed SilverStripe.

Cheers,
Sean

codem

Community Member, 6 Posts

12 October 2010 at 12:34am

Hi

I had this problem with a site - all the links based off / but on the homepage, inexplicably, the links were based off /index.php.

Rather than deleting files or hacking core code - I added this to _config.php:

<code>
Director::setBaseURL('/');
</code>

Which fixes the issue (for me) as it overrides the internal base url handler and forces it to use / - obviously when you force stuff it may not work in edge cases.

Thanks!

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

13 October 2010 at 4:33am

Thanks civkati
that solved my problem :)
as well this fixed an issue I had with debuggin in my IDE, where I needed to specifiy a start page for loading the site in debug mode. The only page I could specify to use for this was index.php, but linking to it directly cause all of the path errors I listed earlier. So this has made it so that I can now run local debuggin in my IDE :)

Go to Top