Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Can't get dev/build to re-build database

4 Posts   3029 Views

Tim_Donaldson

Community Member, 9 Posts

24 October 2010 at 11:06am

I'm going through the SS tutorial at the moment and I can't seem to re-build the database when adding a new template for the homepage. I've been trying: http://timdonaldson.com/silverstripe/dev/build?flush=1

The thing is that the install on my sever doesn't even have a 'dev' directory. The closest thing I can find is 'localhost/sapphire/dev/.

Cheers for any help.

Tim

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

24 October 2010 at 12:27pm

Edited: 24/10/2010 12:29pm

Hi Tim,

is the site working at all? (EDIT: just checked looks like it's not).

Don't worry about there not being a dev folder, there isn't one, all actions in SS are directed to main.php via the htaccess file. I notice that your SS install isn't in the root of your site, so make sure that line 10 of your .htaccess file reads:

RewriteBase /silverstripe

Aram

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.ssbits.com - Your one stop SilverStripe learning resource

Tim_Donaldson

24 October 2010 at 2:12pm

Edited: 24/10/2010 2:18pm

Hey Aram,

http://timdonaldson.com/silverstripe/ is working for me, although pretty slow because it's hosted on Mediatemple without being cached — I'm just using as my test server until I get my head around things.

Cheers for explaining the lack on dev folder. Am I adding that line to my root .htaccess folder or the silverstripe folder? What does Rewrite do?

Tim_Donaldson

28 October 2010 at 3:28pm

Hi Aram, You were probably right about the site not being live. I received an email from MT yesterday saying that they had had problems with Hard drives failing in their servers over the weekend.

Tim