Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

In context editing (ICE)

Go to End

2 Posts   1450 Views

bmh

Community Member, 5 Posts

1 November 2010 at 7:34pm

Hi everyone,

I'm scoping out CMSs, and I'm really liking the look of SilverStripe so far; the only question I have is in regards to editing content.

I think the backend looks great; however some clients really like the idea of in-context editing of content.

I"ve searched through SilverStripe documentation as well as the Features pages and videos but can't find anything about it; am I missing something, or does SilverStripe not do this. Is this on the roadmap, because it would be an absolute winner; if the backend allowed all the powerful stuff that it already does, but then there's still the option to quickly edit pages (ie to fix a typo etc).

OR, can you explain why it's better without ICE? I can certainly understand how it might actually be more confusing if there are processes of approval/preview on content; that editing it in context would be too confusing etc.

cheers!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 November 2010 at 9:45pm

There is a front end editing module available (http://github.com/nyeholt/silverstripe-frontend-editing/) not sure the sort of functionality that provides but it sounds like what you want.

We have been investigating frontend based editing but any solid release of this won't be available to SilverStripe 3.0 at least which is a significant amount of time away.