Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blank gray pages in CMS

Go to End

6 Posts   1580 Views

Jatinder

Community Member, 23 Posts

3 November 2010 at 10:16pm

Hello,

I have a fresh install of SS 2.4.2, DOM and SWFUpload

Sometimes when I try to edit a page I get a gray blank page on the right hand.

This could happen on any of the pages and is not limited to any specific pages. One moment the page might work fine and the next time I click on the page name to edit it I get a blank gray page.

Refreshing the browser almost always fixes this. Can anyone help me with this so that I don't have to keep reloading the browser every few minutes.

Thanks,
Jatinder

cuSSter

Community Member, 56 Posts

4 November 2010 at 1:55am

Hi,

Hi encountered this problem in the earlier versions of SilverStripe, but not when I got the upgrade to a newer version. Are you using DOM or SWFUpload on these pages?

/C

Jatinder

4 November 2010 at 6:01am

Edited: 04/11/2010 6:01am

I am using DOM and SWFUpload on only one of the page. The other pages are normal CMS pages. The problem occur on both kind of pages.

I would really appreciate some help.

cuSSter

4 November 2010 at 6:21am

Hmm, that's weird. Coz I think I encountered the same error but with the page that have the SWFUpload. Do you have FireBug installed in your Firefox? I think it's a javascript error. Could you check on it?

/C

Jatinder

4 November 2010 at 6:48pm

FireBug also does not seem provide any help with this. No errors at all. Everything seems to be fine in Firebug.

Also note that I get blank pages randomly. A page might be working one moment and then I get a blank gray page the next moment. When I refresh the brower, the page starts working again.

cuSSter

4 November 2010 at 6:51pm

Try to isolate the problem. Remove the DOM or the SWFUpload from the page first. So we can see what causes the error.

/C