Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't login to backend

Go to End

13 Posts   9436 Views

spankmaster79

Community Member, 46 Posts

31 March 2011 at 4:05am

Or make asset/_combinedFiles world writable ;-)

tv

Community Member, 44 Posts

7 August 2011 at 2:51am

I am having trouble with logging into the backend in version 2.4.5 with the development mode set to 'test'. When I add Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false); I am able to log in to the admin, but then I am receiving an HTTP error when I try to upload images using uploadify. When I remove Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false); from the _config file, uploadify works, but then I can't log into the backend.

I checked the .htaccess file in the assets directory and it does include the following:
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
# Turn the PHP engine off
php_flag engine off
</IfModule>

In 'dev' mode everything is working fine, but I just uploaded to a remote server and would prefer that the site not be in 'dev' mode.

I am on Media Temple dv 3.5.

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

7 August 2011 at 4:59am

When the site is live it should be "live" mode, "dev" for development and "test" is for running the phpunit tests only I think.

Hope this helps!

tv

Community Member, 44 Posts

7 August 2011 at 6:18am

Thanks alot swaiba.

I am a little confused though. On the debugging page in the documentation: http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/topics/debugging - I got the impression that 'test' mode was meant for staging environments on a public server ( which is where I am currently at in the development process). I also thought being in 'dev' mode on a public staging server would be a potential security risk.

Do you have any ideas on why I am needing to set Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false); in the _config file to be able to access the back end in 'live' and 'test' modes on my public staging server or how I can go about finding the answer? On my local server (MAMP) I was able to access the backend in 'live' mode without needing to set_combined_files to false.

Thanks again for your help.

ToddH

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 March 2012 at 12:28pm

Edited: 07/03/2012 12:28pm

I was getting the same issue in SilverStripe v 2.4.6 with the backend hanging on login.
The developer console mentioned jquery and other files not being found.

The issue was fixed by adding the following line to assets/.htaccess
just above "Deny from all":

Order deny,allow

It seems Apache needs this line.

I'm running Apache/2.2.16 with mod php.

Go to Top