Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Can't login to backend

13 Posts   4462 Views

spankmaster79

Community Member, 46 Posts

31 March 2011 at 4:05am

Or make asset/_combinedFiles world writable ;-)

tv

Community Member, 44 Posts

7 August 2011 at 2:51am

I am having trouble with logging into the backend in version 2.4.5 with the development mode set to 'test'. When I add Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false); I am able to log in to the admin, but then I am receiving an HTTP error when I try to upload images using uploadify. When I remove Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false); from the _config file, uploadify works, but then I can't log into the backend.

I checked the .htaccess file in the assets directory and it does include the following:
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
   # Turn the PHP engine off
   php_flag engine off
</IfModule>

In 'dev' mode everything is working fine, but I just uploaded to a remote server and would prefer that the site not be in 'dev' mode.

I am on Media Temple dv 3.5.

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1798 Posts

7 August 2011 at 4:59am

When the site is live it should be "live" mode, "dev" for development and "test" is for running the phpunit tests only I think.

Hope this helps!

tv

Community Member, 44 Posts

7 August 2011 at 6:18am

Thanks alot swaiba.

I am a little confused though. On the debugging page in the documentation: http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/topics/debugging - I got the impression that 'test' mode was meant for staging environments on a public server ( which is where I am currently at in the development process). I also thought being in 'dev' mode on a public staging server would be a potential security risk.

Do you have any ideas on why I am needing to set Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false); in the _config file to be able to access the back end in 'live' and 'test' modes on my public staging server or how I can go about finding the answer? On my local server (MAMP) I was able to access the backend in 'live' mode without needing to set_combined_files to false.

Thanks again for your help.

ToddH

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 March 2012 at 12:28pm

Edited: 07/03/2012 12:28pm

I was getting the same issue in SilverStripe v 2.4.6 with the backend hanging on login.
The developer console mentioned jquery and other files not being found.

The issue was fixed by adding the following line to assets/.htaccess
just above "Deny from all":

Order deny,allow

It seems Apache needs this line.

I'm running Apache/2.2.16 with mod php.