Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New to SS, how can I...

Go to End

3 Posts   944 Views

dare007

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 December 2010 at 2:55pm

Hi all, just installed SS the other after trying a few other CMS and to me SS looks like the easiest and also gives the best results. I'm just after some advice on the best way to achieve what i want for my site. i have basic html & SQl skills and limited PHP.

Basically what i want to do is set up a little profile page for a member of my site where they can upload a picture of a bike they own, then fill in information in text fields below, such as make, model, year etc. I need them to be able to set this up for multiple bikes per member. So obviously this will need to be stored for each member against their member name or id, so i can display this info back on their page.

I have been playing with the user form module but not sure if this suits my needs. Is there an easier way to set this form up and easily display the entered information? Should i create a specific table to hold this info?

Need a bit of direction as to the best way to attack this and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 December 2010 at 3:32pm

Userforms isn't really designed for that sort of thing, more suited to simple contact and email forms.

Perhaps try the member profiles module - https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-memberprofiles that will allow you to create registration pages and user profiles.

dare007

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 December 2010 at 3:42pm

Yeah i have also installed Memberprofiles module but the fields seem a bit limited for what i want as i need the ability to upload pictures and have possibly 10 or more custom fields. Do you know if memberprofiles can provide that level of customisation?