Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Frontend File Uploading

2 Posts   1501 Views

netnerd85

Community Member, 42 Posts

25 December 2010 at 1:14am

Edited: 25/12/2010 1:17am

I have been unable to find any resources on how to upload files from the frontend. How do you handle file uploads from the frontend? Does anyone know of a module that does it on the frontend or do you have any code that you can paste? I don't care about the backend side of things at all. What is Silverstripes way to handle file uploads? I need to associate the uploaded files with a custom User (not part of Member class) Thanks!

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1798 Posts

25 December 2010 at 3:52am

Checkout... SimpleImageField... I believe you'll find what you are looking for there... it is an internal silverstripe class so no need for a module.

If, however, you want something special (or to handle many images) checkout... http://www.leftandmain.com/silverstripe-modules/2010/08/26/uploadify/... some nice screen casts showingit's use too