Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Load tinymce plugin

Go to End

3 Posts   1919 Views

spankmaster79

Community Member, 46 Posts

5 January 2011 at 2:24am

Hi,

I've downloaded a plugin for tinyMCE I want to use in the CMS Silverstripe backend. I've tried to add the line in mysite/_config.php as told in http://doc.silverstripe.org/htmleditorconfig

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins('../../textmetrics');
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->addButtonsToLine(2, 'textmetrics'); // positions plugin

And added the Plugin into /sapphire/thirdparty/tinymce/plugins/textmetrics.

That didn't work. So I tried to do the same as in /cms/_config.php where the configuration is set for the editor and put the plugin into /cms/javascript/tinymce_textmetrics. Then I tried to load with

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins(array('textmetrics' => '../../../cms/javascript/textmetrics/editor_plugin_src.js'));
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->insertButtonsBefore('tablecontrols', 'textmetrics'); // positions plugin

I've tried to use insertButtonsBefore insteat of addButtonsToLine just to see if there was a problem.

But nothing happens at all.... not even errormessages and I don't know what to do. I need extra plugins to load.

Help appreciated.
Thx Spanky

MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

5 January 2011 at 10:43pm

Don't put the path in the plugin name when enabling the plugin.
It should be

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins('textmetrics'); 

if that's the name of the plugin.

spankmaster79

Community Member, 46 Posts

11 January 2011 at 4:16am

That's what I tried. I found out the plugin wasn't working and I tried another one. This works with

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins(array('youtube' => '../../../cms/javascript/youtube/editor_plugin_src.js'));
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->insertButtonsBefore('tablecontrols', 'youtube'); // positions plugin*/

You'rs might work too