Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Load tinymce plugin

3 Posts   1403 Views

spankmaster79

Community Member, 46 Posts

5 January 2011 at 2:24am

Hi,

I've downloaded a plugin for tinyMCE I want to use in the CMS Silverstripe backend. I've tried to add the line in mysite/_config.php as told in http://doc.silverstripe.org/htmleditorconfig

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins('../../textmetrics');
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->addButtonsToLine(2, 'textmetrics'); // positions plugin

And added the Plugin into /sapphire/thirdparty/tinymce/plugins/textmetrics.

That didn't work. So I tried to do the same as in /cms/_config.php where the configuration is set for the editor and put the plugin into /cms/javascript/tinymce_textmetrics. Then I tried to load with

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins(array('textmetrics' => '../../../cms/javascript/textmetrics/editor_plugin_src.js'));
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->insertButtonsBefore('tablecontrols', 'textmetrics'); // positions plugin

I've tried to use insertButtonsBefore insteat of addButtonsToLine just to see if there was a problem.

But nothing happens at all.... not even errormessages and I don't know what to do. I need extra plugins to load.

Help appreciated.
Thx Spanky

MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

5 January 2011 at 10:43pm

Don't put the path in the plugin name when enabling the plugin.
It should be

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins('textmetrics');

if that's the name of the plugin.

spankmaster79

Community Member, 46 Posts

11 January 2011 at 4:16am

That's what I tried. I found out the plugin wasn't working and I tried another one. This works with

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins(array('youtube' => '../../../cms/javascript/youtube/editor_plugin_src.js'));
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->insertButtonsBefore('tablecontrols', 'youtube'); // positions plugin*/

You'rs might work too