Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[SOLVED] OptionsetField not saving, please help

Go to End

12 Posts   2651 Views

Harley

Community Member, 153 Posts

8 January 2011 at 5:57am

That didn't seem to work I'm afriad, thinking about it though, could it be that I need to somehow convert

$caseInfo->Contact = $data['Contact'];

into an integer for it to be accepted by the database?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

8 January 2011 at 6:04am

Well I'm off now, but basically that is what I was saying at the beginning... but my concern with your function is that it is getting the right DataObject and performing the update on it... as always Debug::show (or to log file) is you friend debug EVERYTHING and you'll figure it out!
and to confirm I very much doubt DataObject get_by_id, setField or write is broken. I raised a bug on it once and was embarrassed to find I had a it all wrong... if I'd have spent a little more effort debugging...

apiening

Community Member, 60 Posts

11 January 2011 at 11:36am

as swaiba said, it would help to see your myFifth class or just its static $db setup. Because from the screenshot i assume that you set up the contact field as boolean, that would explain why always 1 is saved to the db since both '1' and '2' casted to boolean = true. in your particiular case i would use 'Yes' => 1, 'No' => 0, or change the field type to integer

Harley

Community Member, 153 Posts

11 January 2011 at 11:40am

Thank you both for your help.

Apening, you are exactly right, I had figured this out and as you suspected the column in the database was cast as a boolean rather than an integer. Works perfectly now!

Go to Top