Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe stripping code

Go to End

3 Posts   2889 Views

Nickname123

Community Member, 6 Posts

10 January 2011 at 12:17am

Hi,

I have a small problem using SilverStripe at the moment,

I'm using a jQuery syntax highlighter which uses the html code as followed ...

<pre name="code" class="css">

..Code here

</pre>

Now I know that name is depreciated but is needed for this particular script to work, my only problem is that when I put this into the html of the wysiwyg in the blog it strips out the name="code" part.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

10 January 2011 at 3:18am

Edited: 10/01/2011 3:31am

Hi.

First, i suck a little bit in explaining things (especially in english), but i 'll try my best :-)

You can overwrite the settings of the HtmlEditorConfig (located in /cms/_config.php) with your own and add the elements to the valid_elements or extended_valid_elements list.

So add this to your /mysite/_config.php:

HtmlEditorConfig::get("cms")->setOptions(array(
	'valid_elements' => "@[id|class|style|title],
#a[id|rel|rev|dir|tabindex|accesskey|type|name|href|target|title|class],
-strong/-b[class],-em/-i[class],-strike[class],-u[class],#p[id|dir|class|align|style],-ol[class],
-ul[class],-li[class],br,img[id|dir|longdesc|usemap|class|src|border|alt=|title|width|height|align],
-sub[class],-sup[class],-blockquote[dir|class],
-table[border=0|cellspacing|cellpadding|width|height|class|align|summary|dir|id|style],
-tr[id|dir|class|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|bgcolor|background|bordercolor|style],
tbody[id|class|style],thead[id|class|style],tfoot[id|class|style],
#td[id|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|scope|style],
-th[id|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|scope|style],
caption[id|dir|class],-div[id|dir|class|align|style],
-span[class|align|style],-pre[class|align|name],address[class|align],
-h1[id|dir|class|align|style],-h2[id|dir|class|align|style],-h3[id|dir|class|align|style],
-h4[id|dir|class|align|style],-h5[id|dir|class|align|style],-h6[id|dir|class|align|style],
hr[class],dd[id|class|title|dir],dl[id|class|title|dir],dt[id|class|title|dir],@[id,style,class]",
	'extended_valid_elements' => 
"img[class|src|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name|usemap],
iframe[src|name|width|height|align|frameborder|marginwidth|marginheight|scrolling],
object[width|height|data|type],param[name|value],map[class|name|id],area[shape|coords|href|target|alt]"
));

I hope the code above is readable. You have to search for -pre ... there you will see the new added name attribute.
Now your editor will accept <pre name="foo">...</pre> (tested in SS.2.4.4 and it works).

Another helpful read is there: http://doc.silverstripe.org/htmleditorconfig

Cheers,
Christian

Edit: above code pasted here again: http://pastie.org/pastes/1442620

Nickname123

Community Member, 6 Posts

10 January 2011 at 3:42am

That was just the trick, thank you very much!