Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Safari - javascript code showing in admin UI

Go to End

3 Posts   2253 Views

bennettpr

Community Member, 37 Posts

10 January 2011 at 11:40am

Hi all,

I've found an odd error in Safari (I'm on 5.0.3 but have noticed it on late 4.x versions)
See the attached screenshot - intermittently in admin in Safari JS code will show up behind the UI.

I haven't noticed the same issue in Firefox or Chrome, but in Safari it seems to be triggered by switching from the asset manager to the site tree view, but as it's intermittent it is difficult to pin down a definite cause.

This is on SS 2.4.3 but I've also noticed it on older version such as 2.4.0. It doesn't seem to be module related as it's occurred on sites with no modules installed as well as sites with bags of installed modules.

Any ideas? I'd love to be able to ignore it but a few clients do use Safari to manage site content and it looks dodgy when the bug pops up in the middle of a CMS demo.

Happy to put some time into hunting down the cause if it is a genuine bug.

Thanks,
Paul

Attached Files
swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

14 January 2011 at 5:24am

This used to happen for me and I am on 2.4.x but it has disappeared in recent months - which I connect with having gotten the main system I work on with fewer errors. My guess is that is is script that not well formed and some browsers are ok with it (still see it as script) and other are not so they show it as text.

hunman

Community Member, 18 Posts

6 March 2011 at 11:42pm

Even I am facing the same problem, what is the solution to this issue ??