Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Security tab messed up

5 Posts   908 Views

naquadah

Community Member, 3 Posts

14 January 2011 at 10:23pm

Hi,

I'm an absolute newbie to Silverstripe, please pardon my ignorance. I'm fairly adept in basic site management, CMS systems, some HTML but I don't know Silverstripe, just a little background on me. Thanks in advance for your help.

My web developer installed Silverstripe on my company's website which I am managing. Long story cut short, I tried to import 10000 users, but I must've made a mistake somewhere and added 10,000 user groups instead. That was the last thing I glimpsed on my screen before everything went blank.

Now whenever I try to access /cms/admin/security, all I get is:

===================================
Server error.

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.thundermatch.com.my/cms/admin/security/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly
===================================

Everything else works fine, just that I can't access the Security page anymore. As far as I know, I have Silverstripe v2.4.0 installed. Please help!!

Thank you so very much!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

18 January 2011 at 5:27pm

First thing to do is to put the site into dev mode and get a proper error message. Quite a few ways to do that - http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/topics/debugging

naquadah

18 January 2011 at 10:54pm

FINALLY! A reply! :D

Thanks for replying, really appreciate it. Before I go into dev mode though, just to clarify, my _config.php file does not have

Director::set_environment_type("live");

It starts off this way:

Director::addRules(50, array(
   'processes/$Action/$ID/$Batch' => 'BatchProcess_Controller',
   'silverstripe' => '->admin',

How do I modify it? My guess is as below, please let me know if it is correct -

Director::set_environment_type("dev");
   'addRules(50, array(
   'processes/$Action/$ID/$Batch' => 'BatchProcess_Controller',
   'silverstripe' => '->admin',

Thanks a lot!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

18 January 2011 at 11:31pm

Just include the line at the end of the file. Don't touch the existing lines (as they do different things).

Director::set_environment_type("dev");

At the bottom should now give you a more useful error once you reload the page.

naquadah

19 January 2011 at 8:37pm

I don't see any difference, looks the same to me...

Server error.

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.thundermatch.com.my/cms/admin/security/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
More information on this error
Below is the original error message

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.