Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Automate dev/build in Live environment

Go to End

3 Posts   2100 Views

streetdaddy

32 Posts

19 January 2011 at 7:44am

Is there any way I can automate dev/build in Live environment?

My situation is that I have automated deployment processes for our live servers that rsync a tag of a project repo, and also perform other functions like chmod'ing directories, flushing caches, etc.

I'd also like the deploy process to be able to run a dev/build at the end of the deploy, but in the live environment this forces redirect to the login page. Is there any other way to do this? eg. include a 'secret' param on the URL to allow it, or allow it only from a specific IP. Does anything like this exist, or will I need to hack it into the core or extend something?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

19 January 2011 at 8:16am

dev/build only needs a login if the site is in live mode, you could set the dev mode via a config file... update that file automatically before the dev/build to "dev", then update it again when the page contain "Database Built!" (or whatever it says) - to avoid the any error in the build. Hope this helps.

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

19 January 2011 at 8:38am

You could use sake.

Assuming you're in the root directory of your SilverStripe installation, running sake dev/build will build the database for you, and doesn't require a login or for the site to be in dev mode.