Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Text wrap breaks when image has caption

Go to End

5 Posts   2265 Views

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

21 January 2011 at 4:58am

Is anyone else having a problem using text wrap (floating) with images with a caption?

I can insert an image with text wrap into a page with the tiny mce/text editor without a caption, but the text wrap fails when I add a caption. The image and caption stay together, but the text breaks to the next line after the image/caption. The problem is that the system is not setting the float attribute (left or right) for the class captionImage when the image has a caption. Can someone tell me which file the editor uses to set the style for captionImage? I can override it in the html editor, but it defeats the purpose of using a cms if you have to go in and add/change code for the most basic functions. If it makes a difference, I'm using SS 2.42.

Thanks!

HB

3dgoo

Community Member, 135 Posts

24 January 2011 at 2:33pm

Make sure you have the css for this to work:

.captionImage.left {
	float: left;
}

Geek2012

Community Member, 2 Posts

11 May 2012 at 7:31pm

Am also having problems, when i insert an image with the option on the left with text wrapping around it, it doesnt wrap the text around it and the image is always at the left. Help!!1

Geek2012

Community Member, 2 Posts

11 May 2012 at 7:31pm

Am also having problems, when i insert an image with the option on the left with text wrapping around it, it doesnt wrap the text around it and the image is always at the left. Help!!1

3dgoo

Community Member, 135 Posts

14 May 2012 at 1:55pm

Do you have the correct css to make the image float?