Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Search pagination breaking search

3 Posts   1445 Views

aragonne

Community Member, 26 Posts

26 January 2011 at 2:19pm

Hi there,

Hi, I've been trying the search tutorial at [url]http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/tutorials/4-site-search[/url] and everything works except the pagination.

If I remove the pagination code in the template (eg, Results.MoreThanOnePage, Results.NextLink, etc.), search results are returned. If I leave the pagination code in place, SS throws an error.

Is there anything missing from the tutorial? Am I suppose to be also calling setPageLimits(), setPageLength(), etc. using the results DataObjectSet in the ProcessSearchForm() method as described on [url]http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/reference/dataobjectset#paging[/url] to get the pagination to work?

Thanks!

EricW

Community Member, 6 Posts

4 February 2011 at 12:47pm

Hello, I am having some problems installing search with silverstripe version 2.4.4. Search works fine if you do not type in a word that you have also used as a navigation label. For instance if you have a tab call "food" and search the word "food" you get this error.

Fatal error: Class '' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\yoursite\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php on line 825

If any one has any ideas where to go from here I would really appreciate it.

I have also followed the tutorial as aragonne did and it just isn't working :( As far as pagination I really have not made it that far. Pagination seemed to work great in previous silverstripe releases.

aragonne

Community Member, 26 Posts

5 February 2011 at 7:35pm

Edited: 05/02/2011 7:35pm

HI Matt,

I actually did get the search in the tutorial to work. I think I was mixing and matching too much code at first, then I decided to just copy and paste the search code as is in the tutorial and search worked, including the pagination. I'm using SS 2.4.3 though, if that makes a difference.

Steve