Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS Admin, not Security Admin

Go to End

4 Posts   1361 Views

Martiman

Community Member, 7 Posts

24 February 2011 at 3:19am

Hi,

I would like to add user account who could edit everything in the CMS (page content, page types, metatags, ... so everything under 'Site Content'), but could NOT reach everything under Security.

So, I gave them the permission 'Access to Site Content (CMSMain)'. But that seems to be only view permission, since they could not edit the content.

Is it possible to give them permission to (only) the tab 'Site Content', including edit permissions?

Martiman

10 March 2011 at 3:22am

I think this function is trivial for a good CMS. It could not be the case that this functionality is absent in Silverstripe and nobody noticing. There must be lots of people out there wanting to give users permissions to be content-manager but no permissions to other parts of the admin panel (like the permission page).

Does really nobody has any idea?

Martiman

19 July 2011 at 9:50pm

Can any of the developers explain why this is not possible with SilverStripe? It is not very helpful if essential functions are absent and nobody could explain why, or when it will be available..

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

19 July 2011 at 10:01pm

Hi,

You can do this, I've not had a problem with this, but with a little programming...

_config.php

Object::add_extension('LeftAndMain', 'MyLeftAndMainDecorator');

MyLeftAndMainDecorator.php

class MyLeftAndMainDecorator extends LeftAndMainDecorator {
   function init() {
      //do some logical test, like if the user is in some group or not your admin email etc...
      CMSMenu::remove_menu_item('SecurityAdmin');
   }
}