Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Admin interface not working in Chrome?

Go to End

21 Posts   5120 Views

steffik

Community Member, 15 Posts

7 March 2011 at 2:52am

Hi,
im still evaluating, whether i could use silverstripe for one of my projects. I installed it last week and played a bit with it. I tried using the admin interface and it works fine in FF and IE8 but for some odd reason it throws a lot of errors in chrome:

- no matter which page i choose from the page tree, it doesn't display the page on the right side. Just says "LOADING" and then stopps there.
- under Versioning it says for every Page: "Can't find page #0"
- and in the Document Manager it says: " Fatal error: Call to a member function setMarkingFilter() on a non-object in D:\xampp\htdocs\silverstripe\cms\code\AssetAdmin.php on line 538" when i try to open a folder

Has anyone run across this problem?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

7 March 2011 at 8:58am

I haven't - I have seen some aggressive caching, so I regularly Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shft+n to check - I use 2.4.x and chrome all day.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

8 March 2011 at 6:08pm

Generally works fine. I use Chrome as my main browser on a Mac for my main machine, but at times use Chrome on Win. with no problems like you describe.

There is an issue with resizing images in a tiny_mce box but I believe that is a bug with tiny_mce and chrome. You can't drag and resize. At least I've never been able to.

ender

Community Member, 7 Posts

9 March 2011 at 11:42pm

I am having problems with Silverstripe in new Google Chrome 10 browser.

Problem that I have is that CMS is not entirely loading (visually). I only have top menu.

In earlier version (Chrome 9), everything was fine.

swaiba

9 March 2011 at 11:45pm

I don't suppose you get an error in console?

ender

10 March 2011 at 12:14am

No, I don't have any errors in console.
I have attached print screen, so you can see what is going on...

Attached Files
swaiba

10 March 2011 at 12:16am

I see that is 2.4.4, how about 2.4.5?
(FYI chrome is not officially supported - yet...)

ender

10 March 2011 at 12:29am

Yea, I know that it is not officially supported, yet...
Will try with new version and let you know.

On the other hand, there are few installations that I have and I am unable to update them to newer version...

I am wondering, will Google say something regarding this. Will this new version of Chrome affect maybe some other web sites, cms...

Go to Top