Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pros and cons Silverstripe

Go to End

10 Posts   6232 Views

elgordo

Community Member, 70 Posts

17 May 2011 at 1:28am

hi Monkee

Exactly which version of the newsletter module are you using (ie the git commit id). I've cloned the current version and it installs, but the 'Create' button the newsletter admin tab does nothing

Regards

Gordon

danzzz

Community Member, 175 Posts

18 May 2011 at 6:55am

hi,

I recommend to use an external solution for sending mass mails. I dont want to say the the newsletter module is bad, but it's
more prof. to use mailchimp, campaignmonitor or some others. The most of them have APIs where you can send your users data to. SS has great options to handle such data exchanges (if you can write the code it needs).

Sending massmailings isn't that easy today. There are so much factors you have to care about: Subjects, clean templates, multipart, server-configuration, and much more. If you use a prof. provider to send your mass you can forget about things like server-configuration, return-paths, dealing with blacklists, ...

Let's say it depends on how big is your mailinglist, do you have some money to use a prof. provider or is it ok for you to host your users data also at a massmailprovider ...

daniel

Go to Top