Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Cannot Add Members in CMS - Disabled EMail Field

3 Posts   893 Views

Routh

Community Member, 11 Posts

25 March 2011 at 4:44am

Does anyone have any clue why my SS is disabling the Email field in the 'Add Member' form for the Security ModelAdmin? I have checked that the field is editable in the member profiles module, and I am trying to create the member with the master admin account created by SS, so it's not a permissions issue.

I've spent all day trying different things.. (Removing the memberprofiles module, reinstalling it, digging through the templates in /CMS as well as the code, trying different browsers, etc)

In the end nothing is fixing this, and I cannot add members manually at all.

To be clear: This is not a custom form. This is not a module. This is the CMS security core 'Add Member' form.

This is the outputted source for the field:

<div class="field readonly " id="Email">
<label for="MemberTableField_Popup_AddForm_Email" class="left">Email</label>
<div class="middleColumn"><span class="readonly " id="MemberTableField_Popup_AddForm_Email"><i>(none)</i></span>
<input type="hidden" value="" name="Email">
</div>
</div>

Routh

Community Member, 11 Posts

25 March 2011 at 5:42am

Further digging into this has led me to believe it's permission related, based on how the field is generated in /sapphire/forms/TableListField.php - However nothing is making sense.

- Security Group 'Administrators' has full access to everything.
- No administrator can create a new member because the EMail field is both required and 'readonly' - This includes the 'Master' admin account.
- There are no DB entries in the permissions tables other than what is installed by default with SS.
- I have not made any changes to permissions.

This would seem to imply broken behaviour in SS 2.4 - Can anyone confirm or deny this?

ccburns

Community Member, 74 Posts

23 April 2011 at 3:21pm

I am having the same problem. Initially I thought it was something to do with the way I had set up the data model, but that is now working and the problem is happening in both the Security Tab and the Model Admin I have set up to manage the data model.

[url=http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16640]http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16640[/url]

Did you ever find out the issue with this?

Cheers,
Colin