Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Update silverstripe site via mobile phone

Go to End

11 Posts   3691 Views

zim

Community Member, 135 Posts

26 March 2011 at 6:33am

Hi Swaiba,

This is great information. much appreciated.

i just tried adding blog from blog management tool. And yes it works, but like you say you can not add images or video from the wysywg that displays on HTC android.

and also i can not access my additional image fields that display in CMS on computer.

Your idea of using blogger.com sounds very good and a solution to this problem. i will attempt this in the very near future.

I will let you know how it goes.

many thanks

Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

26 March 2011 at 11:14pm

One problem I found trying to update a site using an iPhone or iPad is that the main body field that is driven by TinyMCE can't be edited. I'm not sure if this is applicable to android devices but as they also use webkit as their browser, it may be. This is a bug in mobile Safari, alias webkit. It hasn't been fixed the last couple of updates so I'm not optimistic for an early fix.

Blogs that use bbcode rather than HTML should be OK. This forum uses bbcode rather than HTML and this post confirms that it is compatible with an iPad :-)

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

27 March 2011 at 2:21am

I just tried on my nexus one and while tons of stuff loads (including sitetree and modeladmin) it isn't fully functioning and the keyboard wasn't popping up for editing text and I could scroll to the save button. I guess I'm not getting my android tablet to substitute my laptop any time soon...

Go to Top