Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Can't upload any images, "Invalid file type" every time

4 Posts   3604 Views

duskydesigns

Community Member, 15 Posts

11 April 2011 at 9:50am

Edited: 11/04/2011 10:02am

Im trying to upload images to a live server enviroment but so far its not working. I cant upload any images, they all are invalid file type and in the lower left corner it says there's not to upload. Im not sure what the hell is wrong why im unable to get the uploads working.

I expanded silverstripe with pixlr, uploadify, userforms, socialmedia_widget and blog.

It could be any one of those modules, but i doubt it i think it might be something with permissions but am unsure, however right now i cannot upload any image to the server, not even with full admin priviledges.

Im also unable to update the dir through FTP, what the hell? I got no permissions and can't set permissions wich is very frustrating. It makes the directory just not work..

Greetings,

Kenneth

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

11 April 2011 at 8:07pm

try this - even tho it says for 2.4.0 - I've needed this patch on 2.4.5 also...

http://open.silverstripe.org/attachment/ticket/5547/2.4.0-FileUpload.diff

bo

Community Member, 10 Posts

15 October 2011 at 12:39am

Unless specified, SS won't accept JPEG-images with the extension .jpeg; only .jpg. (At least the Forum module doesn't - I haven't found the files to edit yet, so I don't know if settings are set separately.)

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

15 October 2011 at 6:34am

if you can't even upload images using an ftp client, there might be something wrong with the write rights on your assets directory. Happened to me sometime, after uploading a tarred install to the live server.

If your ftp client doesn't let you change them, and you have no shell access to the server, you might have a console that lets you do the filemanagement?