Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Netbeans 7 and SS

Go to End

10 Posts   8666 Views

davidgarcia

Community Member, 7 Posts

27 April 2011 at 11:38pm

Hej,
I'm a webintegration/Multimedia design student living in Denmark. After looking briefly to CodeIgniter and fighting with Drupal for the last 4 months I have found Silverstripe, when looking for a CMS that would make my life easier and help me to build a website for the kayak club I'm member of. What made me interested in SS is actually the Booking Calendar module (which I haven't yet tried but looks very promising); I am also very interested in MVC programming and look forward to learning more of it.

Now my question, which I know has been posted elsewhere, but I post it here again because I haven't found a satisfying answer: I work mainly with Netbeans (updated yesterday to NB 7) and I would like to have sintax-highlighting and code completion for .ss files. I have already added .ss files to Netbeans configuration but this is not enough for having these two features running.

Well, I know there is people here working with Netbeans. How have you configured your IDE? Help is appreciated.

Also if you happen to enjoy Aptana 3 (which I also like) tips regarding this are also appreciated.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

28 April 2011 at 1:56am

;)

Attached Files
sajok

Community Member, 82 Posts

28 April 2011 at 4:54am

I use netbeans and I like it, for the ss file extension I did exactly what baba-papa showed..

davidgarcia

28 April 2011 at 5:45am

Thank you for your answers.

But does this configuration resolve your problems with autocompletion and sintax highlighting? It doesn't in my case and I had that very same configuration regarding .ss files (I had found how to in the Netbeans forums).

When I open an .ss file in Netbeans 7 I got HTML highlighted but SS special tags are not highlighted and they are treated as errors (see screenshot ss_errorsNB7)

Attached Files
sajok

Community Member, 82 Posts

28 April 2011 at 6:12am

I'm using netbeans 6.9 and I don't remember I did anything except that option. For me the SS special tags are showing in white and and normal not errors.. try double clicking on that error and see if it gives an option to disable errors for that special tag..

davidgarcia

28 April 2011 at 9:23am

Sorry, no way to disable errors for that special tag.

Any other ideas?

dgaussin

Community Member, 4 Posts

10 August 2011 at 9:39pm

I've the same problem. We need a NetBeans plugin for SilverStripe...

ChrisBryer

Community Member, 95 Posts

11 August 2011 at 3:38am

try setting the mime type to text/xhtml instead of html (text/html).. the only error i see then is 'no doctype' on files in the Layout / Includes folder.

Go to Top