Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Moving to the next step, repeating divs

5 Posts   1303 Views

Mrfixer

Community Member, 49 Posts

28 April 2011 at 8:34pm

Well time for me to move on to the next part of SS learning curve (love it by the way, excellent CMS), before when i have wanted to show images on a page i have added an upload field for each image into the CMS and called them into the template in such a way as:

$Image1
$Image2
$Image3

and so on, each call already wrapped in its own div, but now im wanting to go further im finding that this isnt giving me a lot of flexibility.

Is there a way that i can have one image upload field (not wanting to clutter up CMS) and just one call, IE: $Allimages, where the div is not already coded into the page but actualy gets attached to each image when called at the frontend.

Thanks

joshy

Community Member, 57 Posts

1 May 2011 at 4:16am

Check out DataObjectManager or ComplexTableField. You can attach dataobjects through has_many in the model and then add 1 or many images to a particular page.

Josh

duskydesigns

Community Member, 15 Posts

2 May 2011 at 3:02am

Edited: 02/05/2011 3:03am

Yea ive done it with dataobject manager as well. See the tutorials for dataobject manager. The resource example is a great starting point to create an easy repeater for images.

I included an example i made not too long ago wich is a basic image repeater with title and description. Very basic. Maybe it will help you create what you want.

Attached Files
Mrfixer

Community Member, 49 Posts

2 May 2011 at 8:25pm

Thanks to both of you for your input, i had a feeling that Data Object Manager was going to be the way forward as it seems to be the logical next step.

@ Dusky,

always helps to have a working code example for a reference, thanks
Regards
Martin

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1808 Posts

2 May 2011 at 9:00pm

Edited: 02/05/2011 9:00pm

just to clarify uploadify is a stand alone module for this, dataobjectmanager uses that i think - both excellent, but when only one is required I'd use one