Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

page not found error

2 Posts   1310 Views

yashd

Community Member, 3 Posts

30 April 2011 at 5:25am

I am a codeIgniter developer and I just started using Sapphire framework and I cant help myself stop drawing parallels between the two but i fail miserably.

I created a job.php file inside mysite/code and wrote the below code inside the same:
------------------

<?php

class Job extends DataObject {
}

class Job_Controller extends Controller {

function order()
{
echo "hi";
}
}
?>

-----------------

And when i write --> localhost/silverstripe/job it says "Page not found"

Please help me here !!!

JonoM

Community Member, 103 Posts

30 April 2011 at 1:37pm

Are you only using the Sapphire framework or the CMS also? I've never worked with just the framework but if you're using the CMS I think you need to take a few steps back and start at the start - work through these tutorials and you should get a solid understanding of the basics :) http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/tutorials/

(If you put localhost/silverstripe/job in your browser SilverStripe is going to try to run a function called 'job' on a page with a url of 'silverstripe' or look for a page called 'job' that's nested under the silverstripe page in the site tree (not sure which takes precedence). It's not finding either so you're getting a 404.)

Cheers