Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Counting a controll loop

Go to End

4 Posts   3482 Views

vegetav

Community Member, 23 Posts

10 May 2011 at 4:11am

I know this has been discussed alot throughout the Silverstripe community but I can't seem to get it working, maybe I'm just missing something simple!

I basically have the below code, but I wan't to add the class 'last' to every 6th item for CSS purposes.

(ProjectHolder.ss)
<% control Children %>
<div class="project">
<p>info</p>
</div>
<% end_control %>

People seem to be talking about code similar to this....

(ProjectPage.php)
public function IsSixth(){
return ($this->iteratorPos % 6) == 0;
}

But it doesn't work for me... if I do '$iteratorPos' in my .ss file, It prints the iteratorPos, but by trying a simple print_r($this->iteratorPos) in my IsSixth function it returns NULL... so I'm presuming this is the problem.

Ben_W

Community Member, 80 Posts

10 May 2011 at 11:37am

Edited: 10/05/2011 11:38am

make sure you put function IsSixth() inside the page class instead of page controller class. Like this.

class ProjectPage extends Page 
{
         public function IsSixth(){
               return ((($this->iteratorPos+1) % 6 ) == 0 && $this->iteratorPos!=0);
         } 
}

class ProjectPage_Controller extends Page_Controller
{
        //not in here
}

take a note, the $this->iteratorPos start at 0, so if you are after the sixth element you need use ($this->iteratorPos+1). Also I assume you don't want to add the 'last' class to the first element, that's what $this->iteratorPos != 0 is for.

In your template do the following.

<% control Children %>
<div class="project <% if IsSixth %>last<% end_if %>">
<p>info</p>
</div>
<% end_control %>

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 May 2011 at 5:02pm

If you're using 2.4 you can also use MultipleOf or Modulus directly in the template - http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/reference/advanced-templates#modulus-and-multipleof

<% if MultipleOf(6) %>sixth<% end_if %> should work.

vegetav

Community Member, 23 Posts

10 May 2011 at 9:11pm

Thanks guys... very helpful... Ben's fix for my IsSixth function works but In the end I when for the <% if MultipleOf(6) %> option, I didn't realise that SilverStripe had that function built in

Cheers!