Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe as backend for a playlist based website

Go to End

3 Posts   1838 Views

duskydesigns

Community Member, 15 Posts

12 May 2011 at 11:16am

Hey all,

im currently looking into the possibility of using silverstripe as a backend for a music site. It has playlist of different genres and the site owners need to be able to upload all the tracks and be able to create playlists from the uploaded tracks. The playlists need to be dynamically changed in order, songs etc. Basically they need to be able to add, remove and sort songs in the playlist.

I was wondering if Silverstripe would be capable of this. I have worked with it in the past and i love the framework options of it but im wondering if its doable. I need some sort of general library wich contains all tracks and the user should be able to drag and drop tracks and sort them.

I see dataobject_manager working for the upload part. Im just wondering what the best way would be to create a library holder type page and use this later on backend for drag and dropping of tracks.

Greets,
Kenneth

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

15 May 2011 at 5:19pm

You probably would have to custom code the drag and drop areas but otherwise it's totally doable with some elbow grease and what Sapphire/CMS offers.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

16 May 2011 at 2:03am