Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem viewing draft sites with mod_userdir

Go to End

4 Posts   1663 Views

smares

Community Member, 25 Posts

14 May 2011 at 1:43am

Edited: 14/05/2011 9:21am

Hey guys, I am having some trouble viewing draft sites when SilverStripe is located in a user's home drive. Calling each page and appending "?stage=Stage" to the URL works, but not by clicking on "Draft Site" within the CMS. The apparent reason for this is that the URL does not contain "~user", but "%7Euser". My .htaccess is the default one with the addition of the following line in the mod_rewrite block:

RewriteBase /~user/silverstripe2

Whenever I click on "Draft Site", I get redirected to http://.../~user/silverstripe/Security/login?BackURL=%2F%257Euser%2Fsilverstripe%2Fabout-us%2F%3Fstage%3DStage which simply displays "You're logged in as xyz".

Any ideas?

Borgopio

Community Member, 14 Posts

23 August 2011 at 9:20am

Hi!

I'm encountering the same issue! Did you solve your problem? Are you sure may be a mod_userdir problem?
I'm suddenly logged out also if I try to click Live page from the CMS.

It's a big pain and I cannot find any debugging suggest or similar issue... :(

smares

Community Member, 25 Posts

25 August 2011 at 2:59am

Nope, and I no longer use SilverStripe.

RuthAdele

Community Member, 21 Posts

27 October 2011 at 6:22pm

I am also having a similar issue. If any mods have any idea what is going on here, I've love to hear your thoughts.
We use Silverstripe for most of our clients, this has never happened before - and it is very concerning..