Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Including $Classes in URLs

Go to End

5 Posts   1458 Views

marc79

Community Member, 65 Posts

26 May 2011 at 1:07am

Hello,

I am building a site that includes music samples and want to be able to call a track, saved in the assets folder, based on the track and volume you are viewing.

rather than storing an extra column in the database with all the full src I was hoping to be able to name the tracks accordingly, upload them to the assets folder and then call them with something like the below but it doesn't work.

<embed src="/assets/music/$VolumeNumber/$TrackNumber.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td>

Is there a way to make this work or do I need to take a different approach?

Many thanks

Marc

marc79

26 May 2011 at 1:31am

So I have found that adding in ' works tho it is quite messy so if there is a better way of doing this I'd love to know.

I now have:

<embed src="/assets/music/volume'$VolumeNumber'/track-'$TrackNumber'.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td>

which gives me something like:

<embed src="/assets/music/volume'2'/track-'2'.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td>

Devlin

Community Member, 344 Posts

26 May 2011 at 2:35am

Edited: 26/05/2011 2:35am

You should escape variables in templates with curly brackets.

<embed src="/assets/music/{$VolumeNumber}/{$TrackNumber}.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td> 

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

26 May 2011 at 2:36am

Edited: 26/05/2011 2:37am

Did you try curly brackets instead of single quotes? Something like this should work:

<embed src="/assets/music/volume{$VolumeNumber}/track-{$TrackNumber}.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td> 

Maybe I completely misread your question though ;)

Edit: Devlin beat me to it :)

marc79

26 May 2011 at 2:47am

Thank you both. That's exactly what I was looking for!