Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Including $Classes in URLs

5 Posts   681 Views

marc79

Community Member, 65 Posts

26 May 2011 at 1:07am

Hello,

I am building a site that includes music samples and want to be able to call a track, saved in the assets folder, based on the track and volume you are viewing.

rather than storing an extra column in the database with all the full src I was hoping to be able to name the tracks accordingly, upload them to the assets folder and then call them with something like the below but it doesn't work.

<embed src="/assets/music/$VolumeNumber/$TrackNumber.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td>

Is there a way to make this work or do I need to take a different approach?

Many thanks

Marc

marc79

26 May 2011 at 1:31am

So I have found that adding in ' works tho it is quite messy so if there is a better way of doing this I'd love to know.

I now have:

<embed src="/assets/music/volume'$VolumeNumber'/track-'$TrackNumber'.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td>

which gives me something like:

<embed src="/assets/music/volume'2'/track-'2'.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td>

Devlin

Community Member, 217 Posts

26 May 2011 at 2:35am

Edited: 26/05/2011 2:35am

You should escape variables in templates with curly brackets.

<embed src="/assets/music/{$VolumeNumber}/{$TrackNumber}.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td>

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

26 May 2011 at 2:36am

Edited: 26/05/2011 2:37am

Did you try curly brackets instead of single quotes? Something like this should work:

<embed src="/assets/music/volume{$VolumeNumber}/track-{$TrackNumber}.mp3" autostart="False" height="16px" width="17px" volume="45"/></td>

Maybe I completely misread your question though ;)

Edit: Devlin beat me to it :)

marc79

26 May 2011 at 2:47am

Thank you both. That's exactly what I was looking for!